object.d

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sun Feb 10 00:56:46 PST 2008

Ty Tower wrote:

> Thanks Lars
> Now Ok " object.di" is an interface file so it loads a lesser part of
> "object.d". Not all of "object.d"

This is not a problem, as the implementation is in the runtime and will be
linked in when you link the application. It is no different with Phobos,
except that it doesn't use the .di extension.

> So I am experimenting with "dwt" which I have in  directory "
> dwt-linux-tango" Trying to compile that I get an error :-
> [tytower at linuxbox TangoExamples]$ dmd dwt-linux-tango/layout/GridLayout.d
> object.d: module object cannot read file 'object.d'

This means that object.[d,di] isn't installed where the compiler expects it,
or the compiler isn't told where it is (the -I switch). It will probably be
useful to read Tango's install instructions.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/TopicInstallTango

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net