Call for dsource tutorials upgrade

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 12:33:22 PST 2008

== Quote from Saaa (empty at needmail.com)'s article
> >> Maybe see D1 and D2 seperated?
> >
> > Is there any D2 code in there?
> I mean for the future :)

Yes, in the future, I would expect there to be D2 code in the tutorials.

But I don't know how stable D2 is now (I know that Walter is planning to add
stuff, but I don't know how many breaking changes are planned). If someone else
wants to start adding D2 code, I won't get in the way, but I've personally been
waiting until it stabilizes. I guess the const stuff may be mostly staying the way
that it is now, but I get tired of chasing a moving target. I've been sticking to
D1 with my D projects.

D2 is very much the frontier right now. Tango isn't available for D2 yet (I think
I heard they're working on it behind the scenes). I haven't heard that DFL or DWT
are supporting D2 yet. I don't think that D2 is for the faint of heart, and I'd
recommend for newbies to concentrate on learning D1 at this point.