Call for dsource tutorials upgrade

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 13:18:24 PST 2008

== Quote from Saaa (empty at needmail.com)'s article
> Btw. what is the best way to add a comment question?

Maybe just add a section to the wiki page. For example:

== Comment ==

Why not exclude the lines:
{{{
#!d
bit found;
while (!found), and
found=true;
}}}

They don't seem to add anything except complexity.
--Saaa

> For instance about the nested functions example:
> Why not exclude the lines:
> bit found;
> while (!found), and
> found=true;
> They don't seem to add anything except complexity.

To answer the question that you wanted to comment on, I'm not sure, but I think it
was just my personal preference when I posted that code in 2004.

Example code can be too complicated or too short. If it's too complicated, someone
may not understand the code. If it's too simple the point of the example might be
lost. The "perfect balance" between the two extremes will vary from person to
person. Perhaps this example is more complicated that it should be. I suspect that
I was trying to show how useful a nested function could be.

It doesn't seem that complex to me, but perhaps that's because I've been
programming too long. ;)