DDBI and libmysql.a

jicman cabrera_ at _wrc.xerox.com
Sat Feb 16 09:08:34 PST 2008

BCS Wrote:

> I'm trying to use DDBI under linux and it needs libmysql.a but I can't seem
> to find it. Also, it seems to want tango and I'd rather use phobos. So I
> have two questions:
>
> 1) where can I find libmysql.a?
> 2) does anyone known of something better for accessing mysql from inside
> of D?
>
> I'd go with tango if I have to, but I have never gotten it installed correctly.

I am using DDBI version trunk .62 which is the last version that uses phobos and it is working perfectly.  I had to add .length function to it, for Row[].  I can not tell you where to find libmysql.a because I am using sqlite instead.  I guess I am going to have to move to Tango soon or later, but now I have to complete my task and then back to the drawing board with Tango. ;-)

hth,

josé