several questions

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:41:11 PST 2008

Saaa wrote:
> Thanks again,
>
> I don't think I ever override a function, should I make them final then, for
> optimizing purposes, or is final only for classes?

Are you developing an application or a library?

If it's a library, don't final it unless it's deep in the bowels where
nobody will reasonably tread, or unless the library really requires
performance.

If it's an application, feel free. You probably won't have much need for
inheritance, but then, the optimizations from your final classes might
not be that great.

But really, it's your decision.