Issue: Installing D

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 14:27:50 PST 2008

"Chris Miller" <lordSaurontheGreat at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:fpfjh4$lds$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Yeah, I read something about differences between Object.d and madness like
> that.
>
> If the two library's cores are separate, it seems to me that one could
> mitigate their differences and stick them both into the default download.
> It's very detrimental to continue to have these two libraries conflicting
> so violently with each other.

Hey, take it up with the Big Man.  There's overwhelming support for Tango to
supplant or at least be a surrogate to Phobos, if the recent survey says
anything, but Walter still insists on keeping Phobos.  There's only one
person who can say which library is "standard" and either he doesn't _want_
to or he just doesn't have the time.  (My guess is a bit of both.)

Until then, there's nothing anyone else can do.