Linear system solver in D?

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Tue Feb 19 18:18:59 PST 2008

BCS wrote:
> Reply to Guillaume B.,
>
>> lp_solve is nice too: http://lpsolve.sourceforge.net/5.5/ ... and it
>> can read many file formats...
>>
>> Guillaume
>>

> how is it's API? What I'll have is an array of real's in memeory.
>
> Hmm that's a though, does anyone know if any of the listed libs work
> with 80bit FP?

Guiallumes link looks to be for integer programming, not floating point
calcs.  LAPACK or something that wraps it is what you want.

I highly recommend you look at the BLASLAPACK dir of
dsource/projects/multiarray.  The LAPACK wrappers have been tested on
both Windows and Ubuntu.  I have instructions in both dirs for how to
install in either case, and there's a simple test program there that
does a linear solve on a small matrix.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/multiarray/browser/trunk/multiarray/BLASLAPACK/lapacktest.d

The blas and lapack are separate from the rest of multiarray, so you can
just check out that BLASLAPACK dir and be good to go.

--bb