how to install?

glen worstell glen at worstell.com
Wed Feb 20 10:23:53 PST 2008

Thanks, Bill, for your post re installing d.

Of course I am "on Windows", as mentioned in my post. However, your advice about
spaces in the path is extremely important, if true, because lots of programs
normally go in "C:\Program Files\..."

I'll want to verify that before I post my short and complete instructions for
newbies on installing d. This assumes that I will be able to finish the "complete"
part - Ary's post didn't cover what to do about source files in directories other
than the one where the sample hello.d file is located. I also think a few words
for newbies about the different "standard" libraries might be in order, but I
don't yet know enough to comment on that.

Thanks again,
g.