how to install?

glen worstell glen at worstell.com
Fri Feb 22 19:00:28 PST 2008

Chris Miller Wrote:

> glen worstell Wrote:
>
> > ... but I consider c# to be very well done and ...
>
> Hold the phone, I know this is OT but...
>
> C# does NOT generate executable files?
>
> That's news to me!  I don't use C# at all, but I was under the impression it could make executables!  That's why I haven't flamed it using my Java Programmer hat.
>
> If you're right, C# just got taken down a few pegs in my opinion.

Don't be too hasty. The definition of "executable" could get us tangled in semantics. c# requires that .NET(very large) be installed. One can deliver what might be called "executables" given that the user has .NET installed. If not, one must require the user to install it. My desire for what I called an "executable" was to ship a .exe file that worked without requiring the user to install anything else. I can do this with d/phobos or d/tango.

c# is very fast even tho what is executed is not native code. I have no wish to talk more in this forum about c#, except to point out what I just did. If there are future questions I'll answer them offline.