Difficulty copying multi dimensional static array to dynamic array.

Spacen Jasset spacen at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 24 15:17:55 PST 2008

I have more than one problem in this class (errors below), but my focus
it to return a dynamic array of float[4][4] which is copied from a
static array of float[4][4]. I am having trouble finding how to do this.

class Matrix
{
	float[][] toFloatArray4x4()
	{
		float f[4][4] = matrix.dup;
		return f;
	}

	void toFloatArray16(float flat[16])
	{
		flat[]=matrix_flat[];
	}
private:
	union
	{
		float matrix[4][4];
		float matrix_flat[16];

matrix.d(74): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression
(_adDupT(&_D14TypeInfo_G4G4f6__initZ,cast(float[4u][])(this.matrix))) of
type float[4u][] to float[]
matrix.d(75): Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (f) of type
float[4u][4u] to float[][]
matrix.d(75): Error: escaping reference to local f