variadic functions

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 18:52:47 PST 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:

> "0ffh" <frank at youknow.what.todo.interNETz> wrote in message
> news:fljc2m$ah7$1 at digitalmars.com...
>>
>> Hrmmnn... I hope this is not the gazillionth time:
>>
>> Can I pass on the parameters from one variadic function to the next?
>> Just passing on _argptr (in analogy to C) does not seem to work. :(
>
> Actually I think it's something like the _three_ gazillionth time ;)
>
> You can't do it.  I know.  It's dumb.
>
> Actually, passing _argptr in C probably wouldn't work either, at least not
> portably.

It's really sad that D, the language I've heard called "C++ without the
warts", inherits this type of funcitonality.  I know Tango had issues with
64 bit gdc because of how the variadic stuff is handled.  It'd be nice to
see a clean, typesafe alternative/replacement.

PS: the official docs are at http://www.digitalmars.com/d/function.html
    They don't comment on platform-specific.