DMD win32 static library link errors

Neal Alexander wqeqweuqy at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 00:00:02 PST 2008

Robert DaSilva wrote:
> Neal Alexander wrote:
>> link.exe (Assertion failure: 'len <= IDMAX' on line 129 in file
>> 'libin.cpp')
>>
>> I saw on the C++ newsgroup it happens when identifiers are too long in
>> an object file. The question is whats the best way igure out which ID is
>> causing it? All the symbols in the source code are nowhere near the 512
>> limit.
>>
>> I tried playing with the dmd/objdump tool but diddnt diddnt see anything
>>  glancing over the output.
>
> Do you have any templates, they tend to have long mangled names.
> It could also be a deeply nested identifier.

Yea its a mixin template causing it im pretty sure. I tried making
identifiers 1-2 chars long but it doesnt help.

http://paste.dprogramming.com/dpfxrbb1 If youre interested.

The point of the code is to transparently wrap 32/64bit structs and
endian conversion. It uses a proxy struct with enum indexing and
offset/size tables.