question...

Aarti_pl aarti at interia.pl
Wed Jan 9 03:33:32 PST 2008

Few minutes ago I recall my previous post here. The problem was that I
tried to use:

new (int*);

Compiler rejected this style of creating type. But I found out that this
works properly:

new int*;

I think that it would be nice to have first style of creating types also
(it was discussed, but no answer from Walter AFAIK).

----------------------------------

Above is ok. for me currently, but I have different problem:

void main() {
     class A {}
     static assert(is( typeof(new A) == typeof(A)) ); // 1
     static assert(is( typeof(new int*) == typeof(int*) )); // 2
}

First assert compiles, but the second one not.

Any comments on this?

BR
Marcin Kuszczak
(aarti_pl)