Writing a Parser

Ap Lee aplee at primus.ca
Wed Jan 9 19:22:10 PST 2008

> Dan Wrote:
>

>> I've been messing with how to write a parser, and so far I've played with numerous patterns before eventually wanting to cry.
>>
>> At the moment, I'm trying recursive descent parsing.

Have you looked at ANTLR? I have used it for two projects and I am quite
impressed. It does not have a D backend, nor a D grammar AFAIK, but if you
are writing a parser, you might find a lot of the work has been done for
you already. If you go for antlr, I strongly recommend the book advertized
on the antlr.org page, I liked it very much.

Good luck.