Problem with templates

Sean Reque seanthenewt at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 7 11:51:04 PDT 2008

Thanks BCS. What you gave me was sufficient to make the function. I could not find and did not take the time to right the function IsFunction, but here is the working function in phobos.

ReturnType!(S) delegate(ParameterTypeTuple!(F)) my_compose(F, S)(F first, S second)
{
  //no equivalent of IsAFunctionType in phobos
  //static assert(IsAFunctionType!(F)); // this might do better as a constraint
  //static assert(IsAFunctionType!(S));
  return  delegate ReturnType!(S)(ParameterTypeTuple!(F) args) { return second(first(args)); } ;
}

It's too bad that the using typesafe variadics didn't work, as that solution seems cleaner, but i am very happy to find at least one way to get it to work.

Sean