std.stream for stdin?

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 08:45:58 PDT 2008

I've been trying to write some small Unix-style utilities that read data from
either a file or stdin, process it and write the results to stdout.  Is there
a way to create an object of the Stream class from Phobos or one of its
subclasses that treats stdin as an input stream?  I'd like to avoid using the
C standard file/stream I/O if possible, since it doesn't handle exceptions
automatically and is just in general butt ugly compared to Phobos's
implementation.