Initialization of the Associative arrays

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 16:54:47 PDT 2008

"Don" <nospam at nospam.com.au> wrote in message
news:g5fmrg$e7o$1 at digitalmars.com...
> baleog wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is it a bug that i can't do like this:
>> int[string] x = ["11":11, "1":1];
<snip>
> No. You need to tell the compiler that you're using dynamic, not static
> arrays. Just add [] after the first entry.
>
> int[string] x = ["11"[]:11, "1":1];

If it isn't a bug, it's certainly a design silliness:
- that array literals take their type from the first element, rather than
the lowest common denominator
- that there aren't static initialisers for AAs as there are for LAs

Stewart.

--
My e-mail address is valid but not my primary mailbox.  Please keep replies
on the 'group where everybody may benefit.