Pause Self, Resume on Event

Jarrett Billingsley kb3ctd2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 20:21:19 PDT 2008

"Bill Baxter" <dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com> wrote in message
news:g5ovgi$2dip$1 at digitalmars.com...

>> I have detailed in enhancement reports posted to the Tango tracker why it
>> makes a difference, so I'm not going to repeat myself here.
>
> Not meaning to sound too stand-offish there.  Actually, I don't totally
> recall what the problems I had with it were, and I don't have time to go
> look it up now.
>
> But I do find it quite typical when dealing with several Tango folks, this
> pattern of:
> A: "oh come on -- tango is not really X! give me an example!"
> B: <example provided>
> A: "Pffft -- you're silly, go away."
>
> That is most definitely off-putting.

I'm sorry if it came across that way, but it's equally frustrating when
people seem to find the tiniest reasons to _dis_like Tango when there are so
many other reasons to like it.  It's like complaining about a scratch on the
dashboard of a Porsche, or a single stuck pixel on a 1680x1050 flatpanel
with sub-5ms response time.  <sarcasm no personal experience behind _that_
statement />