Identify enum

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Mon Jul 21 10:46:40 PDT 2008

I have a global toString template function that is also used for various
enums.
If the toString is used for an unknown Type it's supposed to print out
an error message at compile time (static assert).

Now I face the problem that toString is used for some enum I haven't
modified toString for, but I can't identify the the enums name.
All I get is the base type int, which is pretty useless.

I can search my entire codebase and make a list of all enum types it is
used for. But that's pretty hard for some big templates engines.

Is there a workaround?