enhancement type system

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jul 31 14:45:23 PDT 2008

baleog:
> Can i dream that someday D would has an enhancement type system? To do something like this:

Are you talking algebraic data types, like ones in Scala/Haskell?
(I suggest people around here to take a look at Scala: optional semicolon, actor-based concurrency, algebraic data types, and more 'modern' things).

If you are talking about algebraic data types, then this may indeed require a more powerful type system... it's not a small change (the syntactic part of such changes are very little compared to the changes in the type system), I don't know what type system Scala has.

Bye,
bearophile