module vs import

Tomasz Sowiñski tomeksowi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 14:12:04 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley Wrote:

> I think it might have to do with making it possible to make D work on
> filesystems where there is no concept of "directories", such as a
> database-oriented FS.  In such a filesystem, there might not be any way to
> identify a module other than by doing so inside the module.  `select
> contains(*, "module foo.bar;") from files where extension = "d"`.  Though
> even that wouldn't necessarily work since you'd really have to parse the
> module since it could be written "module                    foo .     bar
> ;".

Interesting and sensible this db-oriented filesystem seems to be. Sort of an extension of the emerging tendency of getting rid of hierarchies and managing everything as a bag of objects with attributes. I assume this approach will sooner or later be hyped and the-next-big-thinged but heck... I'm tired of directories because of the maintainance cost and the where-to-put-this-file delays.

Do you know of any working solution of this kind? I googled and the only thing I came across was a Slashdot art saying MS strives to put it in the new Windows.

Tomek