How to use a non-standard DDoc section?

Max Samukha samukha at voliacable.com.removethis
Tue Mar 4 03:56:04 PST 2008

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008 02:33:24 -0800, Robert Fraser
<fraserofthenight at gmail.com> wrote:

>Basically, you can name sections any st of alphanumeric
>characters/underscores you want and the underscores are converted to
>spaces in the output. The text is treated as a section if a line begins
>with a valid section identifier followed by a colon.
>
>http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/ddoc.html

Yeah, I had read that. Still, the spec says nothing about what a valid
section identifier is.

>Look under "Sections" about halfway down. The sections the DMD Ddoc
>generator recognizes specially are:
>- Summary
>- Description
>- Copyright
>- Params
>- Macros
>
>There are some others specified by the docs, but these aren't treated
>any differently than regular sections you make up:
>- Authors
>- Bugs
>- Date
>- Deprecated
>- Examples
>- History
>- License
>- Returns
>- See_Also
>- Standards
>- Throws
>- Version
>
>(FYI, if you're using Descent, the "Returns" section for a function is
>given a special meaning in doc views)

Descent is cool, but unfortunately Eclipse does not run acceptably on
the retarded hardware I have to use.

I wish $(DDOC_SECTION_H) in doc comments was treated specially and
started a new section allowing for non-alphanumeric characters in
section headers.

For example, I need a section with () in its header, right after the
Params: section. Is there any way to do that?