Integer to hexadecimal string

jicman cabrera_ at _wrc.xerox.com
Tue Mar 11 18:08:12 PDT 2008

Greetings!

I know this has probably been asked before, or there is a simple way to do this, but I can not find it.  I did a few searches on digitalmars on "decimal to hexadecimal" and got not hit.

So, here is my problem: I am using a COM object that uses a file with filenames on it and everything works fine until I have accented characters on the filenames, such as é, Ñ, ä, etc.  So, what I am trying to do is to change those filenames to URL style filename, such as,

c:\temp\my file\josé.doc

would change to,

c:\temp\my%20file\jos%e9.doc

So, I have two question:  Is there a function in phobos that does this automatically?  If not, how do I change an integer, say, 233 to hex, E9?

I know how to do this programmatically, but there is gotta be an easier way then me writing a function for this. :-)

thanks,

josé