disappointed with my code

Bill Baxter dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com
Mon Mar 17 19:36:42 PDT 2008

Saaa wrote:
> I've got this feeling my code is crap and being written in D, it could be
> beautiful but I just lack the expertise.
>
> But as the code is proprietary I can't just show it to everybody.
>
> I really don't like the look of my code :(
> (1500 lines and will probably go to ~10000)
>
> Does anybody have any advice on making your code cleaner, maybe some nice
> temple code, a few tricks?
>
> I know this is a dumb thing to ask, I just got fed up with my code.

Is there really nothing you can give as an example?

Are you writing in a procedural style?  OO-style?  What is it you don't
like about your code?  Are you repeating yourself a lot?  Do interfaces
between components seem to be too confusing or reveal too much
implementation detail?  Say more about what sorts of problems you have.

--bb