Linux(kubuntu) Problem

Wolftousen Frozenwind eliot.darkwolf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 10:17:28 PDT 2008

A bit of information before i get to the meat of the issue.

I'm using kubuntu 7.10 OS
I'm using Eclipse IDE
Program uses SDL for windowing/key/mouse input
Program uses OpenGL for graphics
Using Phobos

Compiling the program presents 0 errors.
When i tell eclipse to run it, it runs just fine as it is expected to.
When I tell command line to run it, it runs just fine as it is expected to.

Problem is, when i click the icon from within the folder, it fails to run b/c it doesn't load the files i need it to that hold textures.  It also doesn't write to any files if i tell it to.  Tried as root and still wont run properly.

I'm using write, append, read from std.file.

Are there other read/write functions I should be using?