Linux(kubuntu) Problem

Wolftousen Frozenwind eliot.darkwolf at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:32:37 PDT 2008

gide at _nospam_btinernet.com Wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:37:51 -0400, Wolftousen Frozenwind
> <eliot.darkwolf at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Moved files to the home folder to attempt to run and got this error when i attempted to run it from command line:
> >
> >Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> >Xlib: No protocol specified
> >
> >Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> >Xlib: No protocol specified
> >

> >       ---------------------- DirectFB v0.9.25 ---------------------
> >             (c) 2000-2002  convergence integrated media GmbH
> >             (c) 2002-2004  convergence GmbH
> >        -----------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >(*) DirectFB/Core: Single Application Core. (2007-08-07 19:21)
> >(*) Direct/Memcpy: Using MMX optimized memcpy()
> >(!) Direct/Util: opening '/dev/fb0' and '/dev/fb/0' failed
> >    --> No such file or directory
> >(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Error opening framebuffer device!
> >(!) DirectFB/FBDev: Use 'fbdev' option or set FRAMEBUFFER environment variable.
> >(!) DirectFB/Core: Could not initialize 'system' core!
> >    --> Initialization error!
> >Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> >
> >No change in being able to run it by clicking the icon though,
> >still very puzzled
>

> It is possible that display has not been set or your local machine is
> not allowed X server connections. Try entering the command 'xhost +'
> as root or setting the DISPLAY environment variable to your local
> machine, e.g.
>
> 	export DISPLAY="localhost:0.0"
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Gide

Not super worried about the x server not wanting to create my window when i'm running as root, but thanks for the advice and will try it once i get whatever other error is going on fixed.

I added in additional error handling code to try and locate what was going on and found for certain that when using the void[] read(char[] filename) and void write(char[] filename, void*) functions that they don't do anything when not running my program from within the console or from within eclipse.

has anyone else had an error like this or should i be using different functions for read/write from the std.file module?