Linux(kubuntu) Problem

Wolftousen Frozenwind eliot.darkwolf at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 22:24:01 PDT 2008

Tower  Ty Wrote:

> You must be in the same directory as the executeable or have the $PATH set to where it is or and more . But explain what you mean by run in console and run in eclipse?

When i'm in the folder with the executable inside the kconsole, and type ./program_name, the program runs just fine.  Finds all the files and loads the properly.  Same with eclipse, right after i compile, i click run as D program and it runs just fine, loading all the files properly.

I was running into problems when running it by clicking the program icon inside the Dolphin (folder explorer).  I found (should have check this before posting) that when you run in eclipse or console that it uses the directory you are in (knew this, didn't think about it till just now) and that when you click a executable icon, no matter where you click it from, your directory changes to /home/user_name... which was causing my files to not be found and thus not loaded...

resolved the error by using getcwd() and changing my directory within the program before loading files... haven't done much file io in linux so this was a good learning experience...