Priority Queue Heap

Mason Green mason.green at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 14:31:27 PDT 2008

Hello D Community,

I need to implement a priority queue heap for Blaze's continuous collision detection scheme, and was wondering if anyone would be willing the help me in this endeavor.

Blaze project page:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/blaze

Basically, I need to store and sort all (potential) dynamic collision events detected during a time step based on time of impact (TOI). For all potentially colliding objects, the TOI and contact information needs to be stored in a list. Objects may have more than one potential contact. If two rigid bodies collide, all future collision events (collisions with a greater TOI) involving either one of the two bodies need to be invalidated.

I've found a C++ implementation, and may need help integrating into Blaze:

http://idav.ucdavis.edu/~okreylos/ResDev/Balls/index.html

Any help/thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Mason