accessing dfl objects

Tyro Tyro
Mon May 5 20:35:46 PDT 2008

I should probably be posting this somewhere else but hopefully someone here will be able to give me some advice.

Following the examples provided with DFL, I have created a tabbed form containing a number of text boxes, labels and a cancel and submit button. onSubmit_click I need to save the information contained in the text boxes to a file, likewise onCancel_click, I need to set all textboxes to null. Problem is I'm not sure how to access all the different text boxes to save or update the values.

all text boxes were created in the following manner:

TextBox transactionData; // this is the only variable I use for textboxes
with(transactionData = new TextBox)
{
  // set properties;
}
control.add(transactionData)
with(transactionData = new TextBox)
{
  // set properties for new button;
}
control.add(transactionData)
//etc...

I've found that if I instantiate each TextBox at class scope, then I can access and update them later, however, since there will literally be hundreds of these boxes I don't want to have to declare a pointer to every single one. Is there another way?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Andrew