[OT]Re: Books...

Lars Ivar Igesund larsivar at igesund.net
Sat May 10 15:44:09 PDT 2008

Fawzi Mohamed wrote:

> With respect to the way the book is distributed (and it is a good book
> and I paid for it, and I think it is worth it), I had some reservation
> to the fact that it is encrypted, I find an approach like the one used
> by http://www.pragprog.com/ (generate a pdf just for you with written
> in in each page <This book was generated for xxxx>) much better and
> even more effective.
> Anyway (to my surprise) I didn't have any problem with the encryption,
> neither on mac not on linux.
> I had thought about stripping it immediately, but I still haven't done it.

I suppose the simple password on the ebook can be considered DRM in some
fashion, but kwallet on KDE/linux remembers it for me, and so I only had to
write it the first time (and I personally think that would be a descent
thinkg of any PDF reader to do).

--
Lars Ivar Igesund
blog at http://larsivi.net