notification across threads

Luke fake at fakemail.fake
Tue May 13 09:38:08 PDT 2008

I am pretty new to D but I'm enjoying the language so far. I'm writing an application (basically just for learning purposes) in which I create a new thread and then want my main thread to do some work (update the GUI) after the spawned thread has completed. The main thread has a DWT GUI running so I do not want that to be locked up until the "worker" thread completes. I tried using signals/slots but the slot code gets executed in the same thread from which the signal is emitted. Is there a way to have that slot code executed in the main thread or something similar?