Save/load data to a file

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 11:31:08 PST 2008

nobody wrote:
> I would like to be able to save and load a lot of data to/from a file. (in
> D1)
> For example a struct like this:
>
> struct Fruit
> {
>     int banana;
>     double[][] orange;
>     bool[] apple;
> }
>
> Practically all the examples that I've come across only deal with saving and
> arrays/floats/bools/etc.
>
> What would be a good way to do this?

XML is commonly used, and while I don't particularly like it, I find
it's still a reasonable choice in many circumstances.

If you're using Tango, you can check out tango.text.xml.Document, which
will let you construct an XML document, and tango.text.xml.DocPrinter,
which will let you get the textual representation of such a document.

In phobos, there's std.xml, which should offer equivalent functionality,
but I haven't used it.