Where did AssertError go?

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 21:10:25 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:50 PM, Jonathan M Davis
<jmdavisProg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to catch an AssertError in some of my code, but I don't know how to import it with D 2.020.  I believe that it used to be in std.asserterror, but that module doesn't appear to exist anymore and I can't figure out where it is.  There's an AssertException in src/common/core/exception.d.  Did that replace AssertError (the documentation talks about assert throwing AssertErrors though, not AssertExceptions)?  Regardless, importing common.core.exception doesn't work.

Yes, at least it was supposed to have.  I think the module is just
imported as core.exception, though, not common.core.exception.  The
documentation most likely has not yet been updated since this change
just happened in the last update since Phobos now uses druntime for
the features it has in common with Tango.