Dynamic Libaries in D

Michael Robellard mrobellard at ag.com
Mon Oct 13 05:26:43 PDT 2008

If your reason for writing a DLL is to interface into a 3rd party
applpication. Which is the reason we are using DLLs in D then chances are
the extern(Windows) or extern(C) style functions are what you want anyway.
You can use D features behind your C style interfaces. We have successfully
done this with implementing In process COM servers in D. If you want to just
have nice dynamically loaded modules in your own native D app then from what
I've seen DDL will be the right way to go when it's ready. If you want your
application to be able to be extended by others, then you are back to DLLs
since most people extending your application will probably not be using D.

news:op.uixsjpl3jdp9fl at tim-laptop.ssiltd.home...