How do I use the Tango LineIterator.scan()?

Robert Kosek robert.kosek at thewickedflea.com
Mon Oct 13 10:33:28 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> LineIterator.scan is really kind of an internal method, I'm not sure
> why it's documented.
 >
> There are really two ways to use a StreamIterator: the foreach way and
> the next() way.

That's really helpful, but what I'm trying to figure out how to do is
grab data from a plain text file.  Columns are delimited by spaces, but
the third column (the last) also contains spaces.  So I'm really
searching for a char, an integer, and then a string delimited by a space.

How would I go about doing this without regex?  I know how to use regex,
in a general sense, but I don't need it for something this simple.

Thanks for your time Jarrett.

Robert