Read/write structs in streams (Tango, and Strings)

Robert Kosek robert.kosek at thewickedflea.com
Wed Oct 22 05:58:07 PDT 2008

Robert Kosek Wrote:

> Hello again folks,

I know I asked a really basic question, but I haven't found a real answer either in the Tango documentation or the D language documentation either.  This makes it really tough to know how I can save structures to a stream for later use.

Can someone please tell me if I can read/write structures with dynamic length strings from/to a stream?  And if not, then how can I read and write a string to the stream (without the helper stream class)?

Robert