arrays and pointers & Tango

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Sep 4 09:55:54 PDT 2008

Nick B:
> I would like to create a dynamic array, of say, 10 strings.

In D by default strings are dynamic arrays of characters. You can also use normal C strings, with a \0 at the end, using the appropriate C string functions, but then you have to be careful when you print them, etc.

> I would like to use pointers if possible,

If this means you want to use C-like pointers to arrays of chars you can define it like this:
char*[] arr;

But in most situations you don't want that.

> to show the relationships between the strings, like as follows:

I don't understand.

> Is this possible using Tango ?

I think Tango or Phobos matter little for this, but I can't be sure because I haven't understood what you want.
You can also try the #d or #d.tango IRC channels, where you can ask things with more interactivity.

Bye,
bearophile