A bug in my code

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sun Sep 7 12:17:34 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> You are obsessed with performance.  Please stop it, it's not everything.

I use D only when/because I need more performance, when performance isn't strictly essential, I always use Python (or other languages).
The <vector> of the C++ STL that I can use with MinGW is 30-40% faster than the faster code I have written for the stack in D. I think the designers of that vector are more obsessed than me. If most D programmers don't care for efficient data structures, and they are happy with the current bad ones (I am not talking about Tango now), then maybe I can just stop bothering with D and stick with the much uglier/crancky/bug-prone C++.

bearophile