arrays and pointers & Tango

Nick B nick.barbalich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 04:19:25 PDT 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:
> Nick B wrote:
>
>> bearophile wrote:
>>> Nick B:
>>> But in most situations you don't want that.

>>> I don't understand.

>>> I think Tango or Phobos matter little for this, but I can't be sure
>>> because I haven't understood what you want. You can also try the #d or
>>> #d.tango IRC channels, where you can ask things with more interactivity.
>>>
>>  >  where can i find the #d.tango IRC channel ?  What tool do I use to
>> access it ?   when are most people on the IRC channel ?
>>
>> thanks
>
> Use an IRC client - for example mIRC or xchat. Search and you will find a
> multitude of options.
>
> Connect to irc.freenode.org, and when there join the #d.tango channel. You
> will find people there all day round, but European and US day/evening time
> is probably the most active.

Lars

I did as you suggested. I have downloaded mIRC and installed it,
but when I installed it and go to #d.tango  there is no one there !
This may because of the  difference in time zone, living in New Zealand.
  This means I'm 20 hours  behind california, 17 hours behind new york,
12 hours behind england, and 11 hours behind Germany. It does not make
it easy.
Is there any way to open a session and leave it open, so that I can at
least see what is being discussed.
Also, how can i verify that I am at the right place ?

regards

Nick B