How to use "cpuid" in tango?

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Thu Sep 11 02:29:07 PDT 2008

I went looking for the cpuid functionality in tango, and I found this:

http://dsource.org/projects/tango/browser/trunk/lib/compiler/dmd/util/cpuid.d

...which is a verbatim copy of the phobos implementation, and it's
exactly what a want. But it's in the compiler support library, with
stuff like aaA.d and obj.d. It seems like these bits of code of
deliberately (and deservedly) out of reach for user code.

I can copy the cpuid.d file into my own project (which is actually what
I've been doing so far), but it seems like a very clunky way of doing
things.

Any tips?

--benji