Random.next is deprecated

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:14:58 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 1:06 PM, Jarrett Billingsley
<jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I was wondering about that Kiss module too.  I really hope it's not
>> Kiss as in "keep it simple stupid".  If so I think I'm going to barf.
>> Please tell me there's some RNG algorithm known as Kiss.  Googling
>> didn't turn it up, but maybe my google-fu is just weak.
>>
>> --bb
>>

> Get your vomit bag ready.  Yes, Marsaglia came up with it and named
> it, and yes, he named it after "Keep it simple stupid".  :P

I figured that was probably the case.  But for some reason that
doesn't bother me.
I guess I don't really expect mathematicians to have any aesthetic sense.  :-)
I was just afraid Tango was going to start having "Kiss" modules pop
up in every package.

--bb