automatic int to short conversion - the HELL?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Sep 20 12:07:08 PDT 2008

Jarrett Billingsley:
> I like the idea of replacing 'length' with 'size', but why does it
> have to be signed?  As long as the interactions between signed and
> unsigned integers are better defined and restricted, there's no point.

Because I am not sure the interactions between signed and unsigned integers will become that good :o) So I don't trust a fully perfect global solution to the problem and I prefer to solve it locally too :-) That's a way to design more reliable engineering systems, to keep each subsystem safer by itself :-)

Bye,
bearophile