Wht std.complex is needed?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Mon Apr 6 02:22:09 PDT 2009

Sam Hu:
> Doesn't  D already has the built-in types cfloat, cdouble, creal, ifloat, idouble, and ireal?What's the advantage having complex class instead?

Some people have discussed/complained that complex types aren't worth being built-ins, so the *struct* Complex of std.complex of D2 will replace them. (I am not sure such complex struct is as good as the current built-ins, but it seems most D1 users don't use complex numbers much, so they don't care).

Bye,
bearophile