problem with gdc for OSX?

MLT none at anon.com
Sun Apr 19 01:37:11 PDT 2009

Sorry, this could be a bug report and not a question, and probably the wrong place to post it then.

I installed gdc according to the instructions given in http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/MacOSXInstall
from http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=135857&filename=gdc-trunk-r229-
mac-10.5.dmg&a=83983351

Install went well, compiling tango went well. Compiling programs with tango works well.
However, now when I try to compile the simplest program that uses std.stdio I get many errors, starting
with:
ldblcompat.d:36: Error: identifier 'string' is not defined

(below it, many complaints about string not defined, and also
include/d/4.0.1/std/format.d:75: Error: Error is used as a type )

My program is this:
import std.stdio ;
int main()
{