What does this linker messages try to tell me?

Christopher Wright dhasenan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 06:22:03 PDT 2009

Frank Benoit wrote:
> OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
> Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
> C:\Project\dwtinst\dwt-rcp\lib\org.eclipse.core.databinding.lib(AbstractObservableList)
>  Offset F0567H Record
> Type 00C3
>  Error 1: Previous Definition Different :
> _D3org7eclipse4core11databinding10observable4list22AbstractObservabl
> eList22AbstractObservableList3addMFC6ObjectZb

There are two definitions for AstractObservableList.add(Object) in
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.list.AstractObservableList.

Most of the rest of the problems are the same issue, just for different
functions.

I would guess that you built one version, updated, and built again
without first cleaning, and somehow got duplicate object files somewhere.

There are also some undefined symbols. If you haven't modified your dwt
working copy, I'd delete it and install from scratch.