problem with gdc for OSX?

MLT none at anon.com
Mon Apr 20 04:03:27 PDT 2009

== Quote from Denis Koroskin (2korden at gmail.com)'s article

> Bad installation, I suppose. 'string' is defined in Object.d, which is automatically imported in each
source file. Error is defined there, too. Looks like it can't find it. Make sure it does exist and paths are
properly configured.
> In a meanwhile try using DMD, it has OSX support now.

Thanks! Yes, dmd works. I think it is a problem with the gcd package I used, because I had the same
problem on two different computers. (Well, or I did the same mistakes)
I wanted to use gdc because supposedly it works better with Xcode (though I haven't gotten that to
work, yet).
Something is definitely wrong with my installation. But I don't know what.
What are the right files to look at? I didn't see a message about Object.d not being found. Is that the
problem?
I also noticed that /etc/dmd.conf and the environment variable DFLAGS didn't seem to have any effect
on dmd on my mac. Modifying both had no effect, but compiling with "dmd $DFLAGS ..." worked. What
is the right way to do things?

thanks!