pyd still usable?

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:35:19 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Simen Haugen <simen at norstat.no> wrote:

> It uses templates for bindings, and if I remember correctly, dmd hits the
> limit for max variable name length when using templates.
> I hit the limit somewhere around 8 functions I think.

Actually the name limit hasn't been a problem for several months now.
DMD Win now MD5-hashes long symbol names so it's now impossible (?) to
crash OPTLINK by having long symbol names.  However, this has simply
fixed one problem to reveal another: OPTLINK will die if there are too
many fixups in a single object.  Just a hard crash.  This happens a
lot in Pyd-like code with several classes and methods wrapped.

> Might work on linux, but I haven't tried.

It does.  The only weak link is OPTLINK, which is only used by DMD Win.