win32 capCreateCaptureWindow problem

Sam Hu samhudotsamhu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 18:51:49 PDT 2009

John C Wrote:

> Sam Hu Wrote:
>
> > John C Wrote:

> > > That should be: WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD.

> > > You need a header module that imports the function. Try the vfw.d module
> > > at the project Jarrett pointed you to.

> > > You'll also need vfw32.lib, which isn't part of the DMD distribution,
> > > but will be on your system if you've downloaded the Platform SDK - in
> > > which case, you'll need to run it through coffimplib
> > > (ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/coffimplib.zip).
> >

> > Hi John,
> >
> > I also downloaded the said win32 zip but don't know how to compile to lib or dll,doesn't need to compile? or how to compile?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Regards,
> > Sam
>
> Huh? You just run
>
>   coffimplib -f vfw32.lib
>
> and specify the .lib on your build command line - something like:
>
>   dmd webcam vfw32.lib

Hi John,

Thank you.I have win2003 SDK+vc++2008 EX installed in my machine.When I tried the winsamp.d in the example folder of dmd(ver2031):

/>coffimplib -f vfw32.lib
/>dmd winsamp.d gdi32.lib vfw32.lib winsamp.def
** also tried bud winsamp.d gdi32.lib vfw32.lib

I got below error:

F:\laguangeD\WindowsApi-CMakeD\demo>bud winsampw.d -cleanup gid32.lib vfw32.lib
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
mpr.lib
 Warning 2: File Not Found mpr.lib
imm32.lib
 Warning 2: File Not Found imm32.lib