x has forward references

Jos van Uden no at spam.nl
Sun Aug 16 10:36:18 PDT 2009

Jacob Carlborg Wrote:

> It works with dmd 1.045

Where to get it?

I also tried compiling derelict today. I finally managed to get past the error messages by using the dmd compiler that ships with tango. 1.033 if I remember correctly. The lib folder filled up nicely with files. Then I did a dsss install command. The libs now show up in the dsss/lib folder and there are .di files in the include/derelict folder.

So I tried to compile a little test.d

module derelicttest;

import derelict.opengl.gl;

void main()
{
    DerelictGL.load();
}

The dsss.conf:

[*]
buildflags = -g -gc

[test.d]

I don't know what else to put in there. I'm compiling with dmd 1.046. And get the following message.

D:\Workshop\D\derelict>dsss build
test.d => test
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
D:\Workshop\D\dsss\lib\\DerelictGL.lib(gl)
 Error 42: Symbol Undefined _D6object9Exception5_ctorMFAaC9ExceptionZC9Exception
--- errorlevel 1
Command D:\Workshop\D\dsss\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code -1, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

If I try it with the 1.033 compiler that ships with tango the list of messages is similar but even longer.