What time is it?

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 23:52:55 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Jarrett
Billingsley<jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 11:03 PM, jicman<cabrera_ at _wrc.xerox.com> wrote:
>> Chad J Wrote:

>>> Might I suggest std.perf?
>>>
>>> I found it here some years ago:
>>> http://www.digitalmars.com/techtips/timing_code.html
>>>
>>> It even seems to have survived the transition from D1 to D2.
>>>
>>> Oddly enough, this rather useful module never seems to never be included
>>> in the web documentation.  :(
>>>
>>> Just read the comments in the source file that comes with your compiler.
>>> {dmd-path}/src/phobos/std/perf.d
>>>
>>> I've always used PerformanceCounter with good results.
>>
>> I also use it.  Why does it not get inserted on D1 and D2?
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> josé
>
> std.perf was added *years* ago, in D's infancy. It wasn't even written
> by Walter, so the docs never made it into the DM pages. The
> documentation embedded in it isn't even DDoc, it's Doxygen. It's
> always been sort of a misfit.

That hasn't been true for over a year.  I cleaned it up a while back
and made sure it worked with D2 [1].  The doc comments are all DDoc
now.  See for yourself [2].   Just hasn't been added to the index for
some reason.

[1] http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/log/trunk/phobos/std/perf.d
[2] http://www.dsource.org/projects/phobos/browser/trunk/phobos/std/perf.d

--bb